Boys & Girls Clubs in New Jersey created its Youth Engaged in Service (YES) AmeriCorps Program to engage students in activities that build their sense of civic responsibility, enhance their academic lessons with hands-on activities, and address vital needs in their communities. YES AmeriCorps members are placed at a local Club as the Boys & Girls Club YES Program Leader and plan and implement fun and meaningful service learning activities at the program. During their term, members serve directly with youth. In addition, AmeriCorps members assist the Club in recruiting and managing volunteers.
The YES AmeriCorps program includes 900 hour, 450 hour and 300 hour positions.
Positions begin in September/October 2013. A member’s term of service can be 10 to 12 months depending on the placement site.
- Create and lead Youth Engaged in Service (YES) service learning group at a local Club
- Serve as the team leader to implement service events for National Days of Service: MLK Day, Global Youth Service Day etc.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for youth
- Recruit & manage community volunteers
- Submit monthly reports that reflect service activities and accomplishments
- Attend workshops and trainings
- Attend events sponsored by the NJ Commission on National and Community Service
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident of the US
- Must be able to commit to completing a 900, 450 or 300 hour term of service
- Must have a desire to work with children and help others
- Living Allowance:
900 hour term: $6,406 450 hour term: $3,203 300 hour term: $2,135
- Education Award (taxable) upon program completion:
900 hour term: $2,775 450 hour term: $1,468 300 hour term: $1.175
Education Award can be used for continuing education or repayment of student loans.
- Direct service experience and leadership skills development
- Experience working with youth, volunteers and community members
- Boys & Girls Clubs in New Jersey is an equal opportunity organization.
To Apply for a YES AmeriCorps Program Leader position, send resumes to:
Question regarding the YES AmeriCorps Program, please contact:
Susan Cardoso // AmeriCorps Program Manager
Phone: 973-773-0966 ext 51